Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Show me your Nails

There is something about living in New York that makes you want to have perfect nails. It might be the fact that women, no matter where you go, have perfectly manicured hands. It might also be the fact that you can get a manicure for less than 15 bucks on almost every corner in the city. No matter what the reason is, I realized that I want pretty nails at all times! But let's no forget, we actually have active lives and our nail polish does eventually chip (often way faster than desired). This is why I decided to try the CalGel Manicure.  It makes your hands look Perfect for 3 weeks, it does not chip or peel. And unlike regular gel manicure, it does not hurt your nails and it looks way more natural because the layers applied are very thin.
The best place to get a CalGel Mani/Pedi in the city is Marie's Nails in Soho (on Prince Street). It costs around $45, and these Girls can make anything you want on your nails. The only annoying detail: it takes up to two or three weeks to get an appointment.

Look at my nails (after a week and a half). I have to admit that I went a little overboard, but I really wanted to try some real Japanese nail art (and this is still a joke compared to what I have seen done at this nail salon).


Lady Gaga. Do you remember the video of Bad Romance? These are the nails in the video...it is pretty interesting...

Rihanna...I just wanted to make you smile :-)



Katy Perry. Leopard Print is back (again)...(I will soon write a post on the animal prints for this winter).  In the meantime, the nails are a fun way to show your wildness. You don't have to do your entire hand like Katy, you can choose to do a regular manicure and just add one finger to put the leopard print on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment