Monday, December 12, 2011

A Million Stars for the LION NOIR

Amsterdam, the Netherlands
My sister and I hit the road today to go from Brussels to Amsterdam. I would advise people living in Paris/Lille or Brussels/Antwerp to take the Thalys (the high speed train) because it is the fastest way to get to Amsterdam. But, now that I live in NY and spend so much time on the subway, I have been missing driving my car..... Driving in a city you don't know can sometimes be a challenge especially if it's dark when you get there. We decided to go directly to the restaurant by following carefully what the GPS was telling us, which made things even more interesting... I ended up driving on a sidewalk, it was so large that I thought it was a street.....(don't judge). Then we ended up in an elevator for cars in a parking lot which was as well quite disturbing... especially because we were not expecting the platform to move!  In the end, we got to the restaurant safely (That's what happens when you don't take the train!)
We went to the LION NOIR. It opened exactly a year ago on this day. I found the address in the ELLE US in an interview with Ellis Faab, the creator of the make up brand Faab, she is from Amsterdam and it is the restaurant she recommended. After reading the piece on her, I decided that she seemed to have really good taste and that I had to try this restaurant. I am soooo glad I did!!!!
The food is Incredible! The service is Amazing! The decoration is Interesting and the Crowd is very Trendy!

The dishes we fell in love with:
Appetizer    
-Pan seared scallop with Aquitaine caviar and braised leek 17


Main Course
-Sautéed halibut fillet with scampi tail, Jerusalem artichoke crème and shellfish sauce   24
-Leg of venison with pumpkin puree, Brussels sprouts, chestnuts and game sauce with cranberries 24


Deserts
-Passionfruit trifle with pineapple and white chocolate foam   7


LION NOIR: Reguliersdwarsstraat, 28. 1017 Amsterdam.




This picture of the terrace really makes me want to come back next summer! 

Here is their website   http://www.lionnoir.nl/

No comments:

Post a Comment