Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Awakening of Senses by MiN

There is nothing better than standing outside a store and having an irresistible envy to get in. Could it have  been the golden letters of the word Apothecary, or just the word in itself? Or the big chesterfield, the dark wood of the shelves and the soft lighting? Or even the candles all lined up in their bubble glass? I do not know, but what I am sure is that I was all but disappointed once I stepped inside. It was full of amazing products, and just by looking at the candles I had a sudden envy to buy one. It is a great experience to find your candle at MiN. You first need to understand that you have to smell the inside of the glass on top of the candle and not the candle itself...duh...Apparently 80% of people do smell the candle (should I mention that I was NOT part of the 20% ;-) Then, you also have a charming man helping you out and talking to you about each candle and the brand (should I also admit that when he asked me which one I liked so far, I could not remember which one was which...oupsy). In the end, with his kind help I found the perfect candle!
I should have probably stopped after the candle, but there was still so much to discover in the store...it was like my senses were taking over me (that is including by 'shopaholic sense')... They have some bubble bath, perfumes, creams, even toothpastes in beautiful packaging. It is also a great place if you want to spoil your man with shaving tools, or a great aftershave. 

MiN NY location in Soho: 117 Crosby St (between Prince & W.Houston)

 The Trudon Candles. This brand exists since 1643, and is the world oldest wax producing manufacture! They are the company who have been making the candles for the churches (they actually sell them and I smelled it... it felt so real that I was almost ready to feel bad for spending $85 on a candle).
 Trianon:
"The picking of jacinth, roses, white flowers, with herbs from the meadows and graminaceous plants, this bunch of flowers reminds us of an ideal nature, that of the Nouvelle Heloise and the country life dreams of Marie Antoinette. Vibrating with the memory of a summer evening and the warm scent of musk of torches, this candle is a homage to the Queen of taste who inspired so many candles to Maison de cire Trudon."

(and I am going to write you the french version for my Frenchies)
"Ceuillette de jacinthes, de roses, de fleurs blanches, d'herbes folles et de gramines, ce bouquet evoque une nature ideale, celle de la Nouvelle Heloise, et de reveries champetres de Marie- Antoinette. Dans le souvenir vibrant d'un soir d'ete et la tiedeur musquees des flambeaux, cette bougie est un homage a la Reine du gout qui inspira tant de bougie a la maison Trudon."
Isn't this pretty?!
The toothpaste Marvis with the Jasmine Mint flavor. $12

Penhaligons' Lily of the Valley Hand and Body Cream. $50
It smells amazing, and it is soft and non-sticky.

Charly totally loves...  oh, and they of course have an online store  https://minnewyork.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment