Friday, November 11, 2011

Le Pain Quotidien Bakery(ies)

One of my friend is a baker at Le Pain Quotidien Bakery (at the Bleecker Location), and she made me the best pizza dough EVER! And better than that...she gave me her super easy recipe to make the dough myself. I want you Guys to be able to enjoy it too, so here is the recipe:

Ingredients for the Pizza Dough:
-500 grams of bread flour, unbleached
-350 grams of Water
-10 grams of Salt
-3 grams of Yeast, instant dry

Step 1: Mix all the ingredients into a somewhat smooth elastic dough
Step 2: Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover the bowl with plastic
Step 3: Let the dough sit in the fridge for 24hours
Step 4: Take the dough out of the fridge and let it sit for 2 hours on your counter
Step 5: Use a little bit of flour to shape it the way you want
Step 6: Add your toppings
Step 7: Put the pizza in the oven
Step 8: Enjoy!!!!

I made 2 pizzas tonight
Pizza 1: tomato sauce + mozzarella + bresaola + mushrooms + parmesan cheese
Pizza 2: tomato sauce + goat cheese + prosciutto

But let's go back for a second to the Bakery of the Pain Quotidien on 65 Bleecker St (between Lafayette St and Broadway). It is run wonderfully by an awesome team of bakers (the manager of the bakery is Karen Bornath and she was a professor at the french Culinary School in NY, she is amazing and she works with Anna, Joe & Eric who simply are bread rock stars). They make the best baguette in NYC!!! (and believe because I went everywhere in this city to find some good bread). The first batch gets ready around 9.30am every morning 7 days a week. Should I also mention that they make some cinnamon bread, olive breads, and many other organic breads and pastries?! You can watch them make everything through the glass windows that are surrounding the bakery.
If you want to work on your cooking skills, you can take some classes in the bakery:
-Bread Basic Class for $55
-Brioche & Challah for $75
-Biscuits & Scones for $75
!!!You can also have private classes if you decide to go with 6 or 7 of your friends!!!
http://www.lepainquotidien.us/#/en_US/bakery_classes/bakery_classes



If some of you live in LA, le Pain Quotidien recently opened their second bakery in Fashion Island with Jonathan (one of the baker who used to work at the Bleecker location). Go try it out because he is an amazing baker!

If you like to try new recipes and want know more about what goes on in the bakery of PQ you should definitely follow their blog 'Bake.Bread.Blog' (it is written by my friend Anna who gave me the pizza dough recipe and she always has new amazing ideas. Today she made a banana tart and I was sure I was going to hate it....of course I ended up loving it and begging for more..)
http://www.bakebreadblog.com/


2 comments:

  1. Please please please open one in Chicago!!!!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I.Want.Pizza.Dough. I think I met Anna when I was training at Production!

    ReplyDelete